SARCduino is a sensor acquisition protocol developed for the Arduino and Max/MSP environments by PhD and Staff of SARC. It samples the 6 analog and 12 digital pins of the microcontroller, and sends them to Max/MSP via the serial port.
UPDATE: SARCduino has recently been updated to v0.19. This version is compatible with Arduino 1.0.
Click here for the latest version of SARCduino.
- Download the latest version of SARCduino
- Unzip the contents of the zip file
- Copy the .pde file to a folder in your computer
- Upload the firmware to your Arduino (instructions)
- Copy the SARCduino Max/MSP patch for your OS (win or OSX) to a folder in your computer
- Rename the patch to SARCduino.maxpat
- Create your own patch in the same folder, and load the SARCduino patch as an object.
- Use the ‘select port’ menu to connect to your Arduino.
Default Sampling frequency is 100Hz (every 10ms)
This firmware/patch samples digital inputs 2-13 on the arduino board (labelled as 1-12 in the max patch). Digital pins 0 and 1 are reserved for serial communication.
An Arduino shield will be posted shortly to allow for easy connection of various standard sensors.